Happy 24th Birthday to my boyfriend, who I like to call, Biggie A. Knowing that the boy likes to eat bite sized things, I figured cake pops (or balls as some like to call it) were the way to go. I didn’t want to do the boring old cake ball on a stick so I made something that I knew he would appreciate – a football.
I’m generally not one to celebrate Valentine’s Day but I thought I would try and get into the spirit and make a few things for this occassion.
Having spent more time in the kitchen as of late, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to put the apron on and whip up something for Chinese New Year (CNY). Usually it’s the parentals who prep and make everything for the feast that we have pre-CNY, CNY and post-CNY. This year I thought I’d contribute and add something to the table – peanut cookie bites.
Enjoy it little man…. and can I just say, I love my baby bottle and baby jumpsuit cookie cutter :D And please excuse the wonkyness of the shapes – it was my first time dying fondant and using cookie cutters (yes, I am a noob).
Auntie Tina loves you very very very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy much! xoxo
- I used bought subway cookies for the cookies in the mouth for conveniency. Feel free to bake your own.
- Don’t forget to mound the icing generously so you get a rounder cupcake. I didn’t think about this at the time hence why my cookie monster faces are a bit flat
- Smooth out the icing as best as you can
- Generously sprinkle the blue coconut “fur” on the cupcake and let it stick naturally. Do not press otherwise you will flatten the cupcake.
- Some phone operators are just damn right bitches. If you hate your job, don't work there! You're providing a service so do your job! 2 hours ago
- New Post on bitemeshowme - a sweet adventure at Burch & Purchese, LuxBite and La Belle Miette in Melbourne! bitemeshowme.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/bur… 7 hours ago
- team effort with valinda_ for her engagement party! 🍰👯😘 love her. instagram.com/p/ZgdUTQjYOl/ 10 hours ago
Creative Commons License
bitemeshowme is licensed under a Creative Commons License.