2011 marked the beginning of bitemeshowme. I decided to start this food blog as a personal journey of my food adventures – both dining experiences and in the kitchen. I must admit that I have never been in the kitchen so much before and it’s a place I truly love and have learned to love. I know I haven’t had much posts about my cooking escapades but that is something I will try to work on for next year.
So this was the year that 2011 was..
- fondest memory: bitemeshowme was born!
- favourite post: Cookie Monster Cupcakes
Cookie Monster Cupcakes
- fondest memory: eating Lamb’s brains and not knowing it @ El Loco
- favourite post: El Loco
- favourite dish: Chicken Feet Salad @ Thai-Namic & Excelsior Hot Dog @ El Loco
Chicken Feet Salad @ Thai Namic
Excelsior Hot Dog @ El Loco
- fondest memory: jet setting for Europe
- favourite post: Red Velvet Cupcakes & Cream Cheese Frosting for Leon’s 1 Month
- no real posts as I was holidaying in Europe =P
- fondest memory: meeting David Chang, Dan Hong & Adriano Zumbo @ the World Chef Showcase Sydney and getting a booking to Momofuku Seiobo on opening weekend
- favourite post: Momofuku Seiobo
- favourite dish: Petit Four @ Momofuku Seiobo
Petit Four – Candied Pork @ Momofuku Seiobo
David Chang and I
- fondest memory: going to Jamie’s Italian
- favourite post: Jamie’s Italian & Ms. G’s
- favourite dish: Soft Shell Crab Omelette @ Cafe Ish, Funky Chips @ Jamie’s Italian, Mini Banh Mi & Stoner’s Delight @ Ms. G’s
Soft Shell Crab Omelette @ Cafe Ish
Funky Chips @ Jamie’s Italian
Mini Banh Mi @ Ms. G’s
Stoner’s Delight @ Ms. G’s
- fondest memory: celebrating my 24th birthday at Quay
- favourite post: Quay
- favourite dish: the White Nectarine Snow Egg & Lobster @ Quay and the Duck @ Azuma Kushiyaki
White Nectarine Snow Egg @ Quay
Gently poached southern rock lobster, hand caught Tasmanian squid, golden tapioca, lobster velvet @ Quay
Traditional Japanese Style of Confit Duck Breast @ Azuma Kushiyaki
That wraps up 2011. Wow – what a year! I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the readers for their support of this blog. I appreciate it all :) Happy New Year dear readers! Let 2012 be full of scrumptious foods and delicious finds.
Cheers to 2012!! Happy Holidays!! Take care xoxo